- 500g oxtail
- 4 medium carrots
- 30g mixed winter herbs (rosemary, thyme, bay leaf and sage)
- 2 heaped tbsp of powdered bovine bone broth
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 5 garlic cloves
- 5 spring onions
- 1 litre of water
- 1 sachet Bimuno
- 1 medium to large swede
- 100ml double cream
- 1tbsp salted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set your slow cooker to high to preheat.
- Peel, wash and cut your carrots into 2cm slices.
- Wash your spring onions and chop the bottom stalks off.
- Add all your ingredients to the slow cooker, leaving the litre of water to last.
- Add 1 litre of water to your ingredients. The ingredients must be covered/immersed in the water, so add more if you need to.
- Pop the lid on your slow cooker and leave to cook on a high heat for 8-10 hours or overnight.
Swede mash method
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and boil your swede for 20 minutes.
- Once boiled, drain the water away and mash your swede and add your butter, cream and seasoning. Keep mashing your swede until smooth.