- 1 sachet of Bimuno
- 40g jumbo oats
- 250ml unsweetened almond milk (or any other milk of your choice)
- 1 tbsp smooth almond butter
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp honey (ideally Manuka) - swap for maple syrup for vegan version
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- Handful of frozen mixed berries (approx 50g)
- Take the berries out of the freezer and place in a small bowl so they can defrost slightly.
- In a small frying pan add the pumpkin and sunflower seeds and on a medium to high heat toast for around 3-5 minutes shaking the pan occasionally until they turn golden and give off a rich toasty fragrance. Place to one side while you make the porridge.
- Place the oats, milk, almond butter, flaxseed, Bimuno and the spices as well as the salt and pepper in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and gently simmer for around 5-7 minutes until the milk has been absorbed - timing can differ between oats so just keep stirring and checking. Take off the heat and stir through the honey and mix well.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the berries and the seeds. Add an extra drizzle of honey if you wish, and if you are feeling even more decadent, some honeycomb. Serve warm.
Recipe by nutritional therapist, Eve Kalinik
Want to learn more about Eve?Discover More