Scientific research has shown that prebiotic supplements work naturally in your gut to feed existing good bacteria, helping them to grow and multiply. Important benefits including;
- Improving the guts barrier function
- Strengthening the immune system
- Reducing the inflammation and symptoms associated with IBS
- Boosting overall digestive health
- Minimising the risk of developing diarrhoea
- Enhancing your body’s nutrition by allowing better mineral and nutrient uptake
- Contributing to your mental health
- Increasing absorption of calcium to improve bone density
- Lowering some risk factors for cardiovascular disease
One of the biggest benefits of prebiotics over probiotics is that they are highly stable, unaffected by temperature changes or long-term storage. This means that you can add them to almost any food or drink without compromising their effectiveness.
And because they’re resistant to the body’s enzymes and acids they aren’t destroyed as they travel through your digestive system.