Looking for a recipe chock-full of nutrients that help keep your body and immune system fighting fit? Try the Salmon and Greens Potato Salad. It’s a quick and easy favourite that can be made with staple ingredients found at home.
Salmon and Greens Potato Salad
- 1 portion salmon or 120g tin of salmon
- 1 courgette
- 1 large handful baby spinach
- 8 new potatoes
- 160 g frozen peas
- 1/2 lemon
- pinch black pepper
- olive oil extra virgin
- Use a potatopeeler to make ribbons of courgette. Fry in a drizzle of olive oil on a low to mediumheat
- Defrost peas underwarm running water
- Serve the peas andcourgette ribbons on a bed of raw baby spinach leaves
- Boil the new potatoesand cut into halves
- Gently flake the salmon over the top. If using fresh salmon, bake in the oven in a foil parcel for 20-25 minutes at 160 degrees (fan oven)
- Add a squeeze oflemon juice and just a dash of black pepperEnjoy!
Salmon and Greens Potato Salad is a delicious way to fit essential nutrients into one simple meal and support a healthy gut. Omega 3 found in oily fish has been shown to increase the levels of short chain fatty acids in the gut, which can help your body to absorb the nutrients it needs.
The peas also provide a delicious source of vitamin C. The spinach and courgette are low-FODMAP foods, indicating low levels of fermentable carbohydrates. They’re also a great source of vitamins, including K, A and C!