Everybody loves pancake day and now your good gut bacteria can too! Offer them a treat this Shrove Tuesday by trying these easy to make, delicious pancakes.
If you are looking to try something a bit different this Shrove Tuesday, then look no further than our gut-loving pancakes. With the inclusion of Bimuno along with other natural foods containing prebiotic fibre, such as flaxseed and oatflour, you can enjoy these tasty treats whilst feeding your good gut bacteria.
These pancakes will also help bridge the fibre gap. Only 9% of the population consume the recommended 30g* of fibre a day. Our gut-loving pancakes will boost your fibre intake far more than your regular pancake.
Pancake recipe with Bimuno and more gut loving ingredients...
- 125 ml oat milk (or alternative)
- 2 eggs (Separated)
- 1 small Banana
- 100 g oatflour
- 2 Sachets Bimuno DAILY ((1 per person))
- 1 tbsp milled flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- few drops vanilla extract
- oil spray
- Optional Toppings - blueberries, kefir or mixed nuts
- Put the oat milk, egg yolks, banana, oatflour, Bimuno DAILY, baking powder, vanilla and flaxseed in a blender and process until mixture is as smooth as possible. Whisk the eggs whites until they hold stiff peaks. Whisk 1-2 tbsp of the egg whites into the batter, then fold in the rest of the whites.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat and spray with a little oil (or alternative), pour approx. 2 tbsp of batter into the pan and cook for 1-2 mins, until the base sets and bubbles appear over the top. Flip and cook the other side for 1 minute. Repeat in batches, making sure the top looks relatively dry before attempting the flip, or the pancake will collapse in the centre.
- Finish with toppings of your choosing, we picked blueberries, kefir and mixed nuts to keep your gut extra happy but feel free to top with any of your favourites.
If you have enjoyed this recipe, why not take a look at our others below:
What are the best foods for your gut? Want to learn how to make your own kefir, kombucha tea or even sauerkraut? Follow the links below for gut-loving recipes, hints and tips to improve your digestive health and put a smile on your face 24/7!
Because gut health plays such a key role in our bodies, what we put into it can have a big impact. There is a large body of evidence that highli...
Weight and The Gut
Lifestyle factors improve health for people who are overweight or obese, but the goal of reducing energy intake alone could be too simple for so...
Looking to support the body’s natural functions? Your gut could hold the key! Studies show that gut health can influence the immune system, ment...