It’s no surprise that Chinese cuisine has such a strong cultural impact across the globe. Full of rich flavours and sharp contrasts, recipes inspired by traditional Chinese cooking can also be some of the simplest to prepare. We’re all familiar with the Chinese takeaway meal, but they’re often much less healthy than we’d like! Dishes often contain battered or deep-fried ingredients, which are higher in saturated fats.
However, help is at hand! We have created a delicious and quick recipe for Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup to help satisfy the cravings and give your good gut bacteria the love it deserves. It contains Bimuno® DAILY, our award-winning prebiotic supplement designed to make everyday make gut health simple. Our Lemon Chicken Soup recipe is Low-FODMAP, which means it doesn’t contain ingredients that might trigger symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) in some people, such as bloating, flatulence, abdominal pain or constipation. It’s a delicious light meal (just 36 kcal per serving) with complex flavours, so why not give it a try?
Gut Friendly Lemon Chicken Soup - Serves 4
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 20cm celery stick
- 2 large carrots
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 onion & garlic-free stock cubes
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 500g cooked chicken breast, diced to small cubes
- 195g tinned sweetcorn drained
- 300g ready-to-use rice noodles
- 700ml water
- 2 sachets of Bimuno® DAILY
- (Optional) Tamari and celery leaves
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, dice celery and carrots into small pieces of 1-2cm
- Sauté the vegetables over medium heat for 5 minutes
- Add in ginger then sauté for a further minute
- Add 700ml water, stock cubes and lemon juice
- With the saucepan lid on, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes
- Mix in the chicken and simmer for a further 10 minutes
- Add the sweetcorn and noodles to heat through
- Pour in your Bimuno sachets and stir well
- Serve warm with a celery leaf on top and a small amount of tamari drizzled over
Why is this good for the gut?
Our recipe for Lemon Chicken Soup isn’t just quick and tasty, it contains important nutrients that the body loves! Carrots are a natural source of fibre, which helps to keep the digestive tract moving and functioning at its best. Currently, just 9% of adults in the UK are getting enough fibre in their diets, according to studies published on behalf of Public Health England1. As well as the carrots, the noodles also contain fibre - which makes our delicious Lemon Chicken Soup recipe a great choice for mealtimes. The recipe also includes Bimuno® DAILY. Our prebiotic fibre supplement feeds and nourishes bifidobacteria, a ‘good’ gut bacteria that are shown to support areas such as immune health, mental health and cognition. They might even influence how well we sleep!
Gut health doesn’t need to be complex – there are handy everyday options for supporting your good gut bugs. Get inspired and take a look at our other ideas below:
Topics relating to nutrition
Looking to support the body’s natural functions? Your gut could hold the key! Studies show that gut health can influence the immune system, ment...
Because gut health plays such a key role in our bodies, what we put into it can have a big impact. There is a large body of evidence that highli...
What are the best foods for your gut? Want to learn how to make your own kefir, kombucha tea or even sauerkraut? Follow the links below for gut-...