Low FODMAP Beef and Sweet Potato Curry with Bimuno
- 1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 1 20cm celery stick roughly chopped into ½ cm x ½ cm pieces
- 1½ tsp raw ginger grated
- 800 g minced beef 5% fat or lean beef
- 320 g sweet potatoes approx. 2 mediium size, peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
- 170 g courgette 1 medium size, chopped into 2cm cubes
- ¼ asafoetida
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 15 g medium curry powder
- 400 g tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 sachets bimuno DAILY
- 20 g fresh coriander
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sautée the celery for 2 minutes then add the ginger and stir to combine until soft and translucent.
- Add the beef and stir until browned.
- Add the sweet potato, courgette, asafoetida, salt, curry powder, tinned tomatoes and tomato paste and bring to the boil with the lid on. Then leave to simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Stir in the Bimuno then serve immediately in bowls with some chopped coriander on top.
- As an option, serve with brown rice or lentils.
If you have enjoyed this recipe, why not take a look at our others below:
What are the best foods for your gut? Want to learn how to make your own kefir, kombucha tea or even sauerkraut? Follow the links below for gut-loving recipes, hints and tips to improve your digestive health and put a smile on your face 24/7!
Because gut health plays such a key role in our bodies, what we put into it can have a big impact. There is a large body of evidence that highli...
Weight and The Gut
Lifestyle factors improve health for people who are overweight or obese, but the goal of reducing energy intake alone could be too simple for so...
Looking to support the body’s natural functions? Your gut could hold the key! Studies show that gut health can influence the immune system, ment...