Low FODMAP Beef and Sweet Potato Curry with Bimuno
It can often be hard to find tasty Low FODMAP recipes. We have created a special Beef & Sweet Potato curry with deliciously mild eastern flavours and added some Bimuno to help balance your gut bacteria.
- 1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 1 20cm celery stick (roughly chopped into ½ cm x ½ cm pieces)
- 1½ tsp raw ginger (grated)
- 800 g minced beef (5% fat or lean beef )
- 320 g sweet potatoes (approx. 2 mediium size, peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes)
- 170 g courgette (1 medium size, chopped into 2cm cubes)
- ¼ asafoetida
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 15 g medium curry powder
- 400 g tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 sachets bimuno DAILY
- 20 g fresh coriander
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Sautée the celery for 2 minutes then add the ginger and stir to combine until soft and translucent.
Add the beef and stir until browned.
Add the sweet potato, courgette, asafoetida, salt, curry powder, tinned tomatoes and tomato paste and bring to the boil with the lid on. Then leave to simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked.
Stir in the Bimuno then serve immediately in bowls with some chopped coriander on top.
As an option, serve with brown rice or lentils.