What makes Bimuno different?
Bimuno® is far more than a great galacto-oligosaccharide, it is the only patented carbohydrate complex backed by a substantial programme of scientific research and clinically proven to provide a wide range of health benefits.
It is the only 2nd generation prebiotic and as such offers additional functionality over and above its prebiotic and bifidogenic effect. Unlike many probiotics, Bimuno® reaches the lower gut intact.
Clinical studies demonstrate that Bimuno® is highly effective at rebalancing the gut microflora1,2,5,6 as well as having direct and indirect immunomodulatory effects2,5,6.
Studies have also demonstrated Bimuno® to have the most powerful bifidogenic effect compared to other prebiotics1, as demonstrated below.
Globally Recognised Innovation
Bimuno® is recognised as the most advanced carbohydrate complex of its kind having been designed and developed in collaboration with some of the world’s most respected scientific research institutes.
The advanced technology behind Bimuno® and the brand itself is protected by worldwide patents and trademarks.
Bimuno® is the result of intensive research & development including peer reviewed, clinical trials conducted in collaboration with the University of Reading’s Food Microbial Sciences Unit and other globally recognized research institutes and as a result is a multi-functional supplement based around a unique and patent-protected, galacto-oligosaccharide (B-GOS®) formulation.
Bimuno®’s unique structure, one that is similar to human milk oligosaccharides (HMOS) produces functionality not demonstrated in other prebiotics. Consequently, it has been termed the world’s most advanced and only second generation prebiotic.
Recent clinical trials prove that Bimuno®’s unique properties go well beyond its advanced prebiotic action.
How Bimuno® works
- Bimuno® reaches the small intestine intact
- In the small intestine it inhibits the adhesion of GI pathogenic bacteria via the action of blocking their attachment to the epithelium. This helps prevent pathogenic colonisation3,4
- In the large intestine Bimuno® is fermented by specific beneficial bacteria belonging to the Bifidobacterium genus. The result is a change in pH balance which favours the growth of beneficial bacteria at the expense of pathogenic bacteria, resulting in a positive change in the microflora1,2,5,6
- As a result of the selective fermentation specific immunity boosting bifidobacteria are energised1,2,5,6
- There is then a direct positive effect on the innate immune system resulting from an increase in phagocytosis and NK cell activity2
- There is also a direct positive effect on the adaptive immune system resulting from the increase in anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10 and reduction in the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines IL-6 and IL-1β, and TNF–α4 as well as a positive effect on Calprotectin and C-reactive protein which are all markers of low grade inflammation2,5,6. Moreover, there is evidence that it may be of value in helping reduce anxiety levels.7
- The net effect is that it helps maintain gut health and general well-being.
- Depeint F et al. Am J Clin Nutr 2008;87:785-91.
- Vulevic J et al. Am J Clin Nutr 2008;88:1438-46.
- Tzortzis G et al. J. Nutr 2005;135:1726-1731.
- Searle LEJ et al. Journal of Medical Microbiology 2009;58:37-48.
- Vulevic J et al. J. Nutr 2013;143:324-331.
- Vulevic J, et al. Br J Nutr 2015;114:586-95.
- Schmidt K et al. Psychopharmacology DOI 10.1007/s00213-014-3810-0.
This section is an information and educational resource for healthcare professionals, scientists, researchers and journalists. It is not intended for consumers. If you wish to purchase Bimuno please click here