Is Bimuno suitable for vegetarians?
Only Bimuno powder is suitable for vegetarians. None of the products are suitable for vegans.
Is Bimuno suitable for Kosher or Halal and similar diets?
Bimuno is not currently certified as Kosher nor Halal.
Is Bimuno gluten free?
What is Bimuno?
Bimuno® is a revolutionary range of food supplements that work at the very centre of health and wellness – the gut. The principle active ingredient in Bimuno® belongs to a group of beneficial nutrient fibres (oligosaccharides) also found in breast milk.
Who can take Bimuno?
Anyone from children aged 3 years (in the case of Bimuno powder) to adults (including the elderly.
Young children should only take Bimuno under the supervision of an adult.
When should I take Bimuno?
We recommend you take it in the morning after breakfast so that it becomes part of a daily routine.
How often should I take Bimuno?
Taking Bimuno every day can help you maintain the balance of friendly bacteria in your digestive system.
It is recommended that Bimuno be taken regularly as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle
How do I take Bimuno?
- BIMUNO POWDER: Our original product available in convenient powder single dose sachets
- Adults and young person over 12: simply add one sachet daily to your food and drink (5.5g). Children aged 3 to 11: take half a sachet daily (2.75g)
- Bimuno powder can be added and stirred into everyday food and drink such as cereal, coffee or tea. For easy dispersion we recommend mixing with a hot beverage. When adding to cold drinks dispersion is best accomplished by firstly forming a paste with a little warm water,adding the required drink, then stirring rapidly. If any small lumps remain, this will not impact Bimuno’s effectiveness. Bimuno is flavour free and does not alter the taste of your food or drink.
- BIMUNO IBAID: Available in pleasant soft chewable pastilles
- Adults and children over 12: take two pastilles a day, ideally after breakfast. Since the benefits build over time, a daily intake is recommended.
- BIMUNO IMMUNAID: Available in pleasant soft chewable pastilles
- Adults and children over 6: take two pastilles a day, ideally after breakfast. Since the benefits build over time, a daily intake is recommended.
- BIMUNO TRAVELAID: Available in pleasant soft chewable pastilles
- Adults and children over 6: take three pastilles a day, ideally after breakfast. It is recommended pastilles are taken daily seven days before you travel and each day whilst abroad.
Is it safe to take Bimuno long term?
Bimuno is perfectly safe for long term usage, in fact we recommend Bimuno be taken on a regular daily basis. The recommended servings should be observed at all times.
Is Bimuno a medicine?
No. Bimuno is a food supplement that works naturally in the gut
How will Bimuno help me sleep?
The BBC programme “The Truth about sleep” showed the impact on Dr Mosley of consuming Bimuno which is a high fibre prebiotic supplement.
The programme explained the impact of improving your fibre intake and the positive effect this has on the good bacteria in your gut and inferred that this may improve sleep patterns. Bimuno works by providing a source of food for your own good bacteria and increasing their levels in the gut.
In the programme Dr Mosely found that his sleep patterns improvedwhile he was taking Bimuno. It should be noted that no formal clinical investigations have been conducted to assess the impact of Bimuno on sleep patterns.
Shipping and payment
How much is postage?
Orders within the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man have Free Delivery. For orders outside the UK, please refer to the shipping destination drop down on the Shopping Basket for postal rates as these vary from country to country.
How long does delivery take?
Orders are dispatched the following working day after the order is completed & delivery times are as follows:
- UK: 2 - 3 working days
- Western Europe: 3 - 4 working days
- Eastern Europe: 7 - 8 working days
- North America: 7 - 8 working days
- Central & South America: 7 - 8 working days
- Middle East: 7 - 8 working days
- Africa & Asia: 7 - 8 working days
- Far East and Australasia: 7 - 8 working days
Bimuno and medical conditions
Can I use Bimuno if I have diarrhoea?
Yes you can use Bimuno if you have diarrhoea. Please feel free to consult our advice team on +44 800 804 6900 if you would like further information.
Can I use Bimuno IBAID if I have constipation?
Yes you can use Bimuno IBAID if you have constipation. Please feel free to consult our advice team on +44 800 804 6900 if you would like further information.
What are bifidobacteria?
What are probiotics and prebiotics ?
Is Bimuno suitable for me if...
Is Bimuno suitable for children?
Is Bimuno suitable for people suffering from milk allergy or lactose intolerance?
Although no adverse effects have been reported, milk allergy or lactose intolerance sufferers should exercise a degree of caution when first taking Bimuno*. The Lactose contents for each product is as follows: POWDER – 1 sachet = 1.5g IBAID – 2 pastilles = 0.36g IMMUNAID – 2 pastilles = 0.36g TRAVELAID – 3 pastilles = 0.71g *The Bimuno Pastille range are the preferred option of most people that are concerned about lactose intolerance.
Can I use Bimuno if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
If you are pregnant, breast feeding or planning a pregnancy you should discuss food intake with your doctor and nurse because there might be specific metabolic issues they are aware of as they know your patient history. However, the scientific background shows there is no potential danger for use in pregnancy. Bimuno is a food supplement and not a medicine, and contains a carbohydrate substance, which is not absorbed but goes straight into the large intestine (colon) where it has a positive effect on the bacterial flora.
Will using Bimuno interfere with my medication?
Bimuno is not a medicine and therefore shouldn’t interfere with any medication you may be taking. However, if you take prescribed medication for other conditions, you should speak to your healthcare professional before you take any food supplements.
Can I use Bimuno while on a course of antibiotics?
Many people take Bimuno to increase their friendly bacteria after they have completed a course of antibiotics. If you are considering taking Bimuno during the course please consult your doctor first.
Is Bimuno suitable for people with diabetes?
Although no adverse effects have been reported, diabetes sufferers should consult their healthcare professional before taking Bimuno.
Is Bimuno suitable for people with any pre-existing medical conditions?
We always recommend that you talk first to your healthcare professional regarding specific conditions. They’ll be able to advise you on whether Bimuno is suitable for you.