Fibre, fibre, fibre!!! We always talk about fibre and guess what? It's because it is a key part of a healthy, balanced diet.
It has been shown to help prevent diabetes, heart disease and weight gain. Fibre helps food move through your digestive system more easily while helping you feel fuller for longer. Fibre is found in plants – especially vegetables and legumes which is why we recommend trying this tasty Bimuno and bean stew!
Did you know that Bimuno belongs to a group of beneficial nutrient fibres called oligosaccharides [ol-i-goh-sak-uh-rahyd] which feed and encourage the good bacteria in your gut. It’s an insoluble fibre which means it reaches the lower gut intact, for maximum nutritional benefit.
Prep: 20 minutes | Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 large onion
- 2 courgettes
- 400g spinach
- 1 sachet Bimuno Powder
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 420g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Wholemeal bread to serve
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large pan and fry the diced onion, garlic, courgettes and peppers until they soften.
- Add the tomato puree and chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add the beans and Bimuno prebiotic powder and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Serve with warm wholemeal bread and a generous dolop of butter!